Saturday, May 19, 2007

When It Comes To Race Congress Is Nuts

Mickey Klaus says that decades ago when congress was debating a welfare reform bill, a welfare mother announced in a hearing, "You can't make me work."

I'm not really surprised by her arrogance. What I find appalling is that the panel applauded her defiance. If only there had been someone there with a little grit to say, "Excuse me, I'm baffled and a little irked by your attitude. Do you mean you feel it's the obligation of other Americans to support you? You feel no shame that they jump out of bed at 6 am, bust their butts all day and come home tired and hungry while you spend the day watching cable TV and eating Cheeze Curls? Why don't you get an alarm clock and try getting up at 6 am for a change?"

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Eagle Rock (Los Angeles), California, United States
I write articles, columns, books, very occasional screenplays and make amateur videos. I also maintain a dozen or so blog sites, some better than others.