Thursday, July 10, 2008

"Life Drawing" Means Naked Women?





When I was in the Navy I signed up to take a life drawing class. I didn't even know what that was. "Life Drawing" to me me drawing pictyures of flowers, fruit, kitchen tables with plates on them. I was truly surprised to discover that life drawing meant naked women. The administrator wanted to interview me before I took the course. I had never taken a drawing course before and she was afraid I was some pervert who just wanted to look at naked women.

Well, of course, I wanted to look at naked women. But that wasn't the reason I was taking the course. I didn't know it was naked women till she told me.

Here is my first drawing from 1968.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Eagle Rock (Los Angeles), California, United States
I write articles, columns, books, very occasional screenplays and make amateur videos. I also maintain a dozen or so blog sites, some better than others.