Friday, September 12, 2008

Gibson Pulls a Gotcha

Charles Gibson has a lot riding on his shoulders last night in his interview with Sarah Palin. If he could get her to commit one big blunder he would be hailed as the Woorward & Berstein, the man who singlehandedly brought down a president (on McCain's case, a prospective president.)

Gibson made his distaste for Palin's answers pretty apparent. He was condescending and supercilious. Palin didn't help her case by leaning forward like an anxious schoolgirl taking her first oral exam.

Gibson's "Bush Doctrine" question was a clear set-up. Palin didn't know what the Bush Doctrine was and tried to bluff her way though. I knew the press would make a big deal of it. And they have but the truth is I didn't know what the Bush Doctrine was either. And as David Gergen pointed out last night, most media people probably didn't either.

If we were assigning grades, I'd have to Give Palin a C+ and Gibson a C-.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Eagle Rock (Los Angeles), California, United States
I write articles, columns, books, very occasional screenplays and make amateur videos. I also maintain a dozen or so blog sites, some better than others.