Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Death

It always seemed to me that anyone who didn't fear death (by which I mean absolute eternal non-existence) really hasn't thought about the matter hard enough.

I remember about 20 years ago I was chatting with a psychiatrist from UCLA and we got onto the subject of death. When I mentioned my opinion on the subject he asked if I was "bothered at all by the eternity that came before you were born."

"No," I said, "because I didn't know anything about it."

"Well, you won't be bothered then by the eternity that comes after you die."

"I know that," I said. "But I know about it now. That's the part that bothers me."

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Eagle Rock (Los Angeles), California, United States
I write articles, columns, books, very occasional screenplays and make amateur videos. I also maintain a dozen or so blog sites, some better than others.